Employee Relations/Senior Employee Relations Advisor
Osborne Richardson continue to pull lovely, fluffy rabbits out of our magic hat and this rabbit is an absolute legend. The type you'd see tearing up carrot fields, etc, in a Wallace & Grommit movie!!
Our clients for these positions is Fraser Coast Regional Council, based in Hervey Bay. People are literally selling their grandmothers to get into this fantastic organisation and here's me nonchalantly offering the chance for not one, but two ER/HR Specialists to avail of this.
We are hunting an Employee Relations Advisor and a Senior Employee Relations Advisor to join the Council on initial 6 month contracts. ASAP start, great contract length and solid pay rates are on offer here so we can tick off that box right away. Plus, you'll have the amazing Hervey Bay and Fraser Island right on your doorstep!!
In these roles, you will work in the Organisational Development and Culture Section, contributing to the strategic and operational objectives of the Organisational Development & Culture section, providing assistance to the Senior Employee Relations Advisor and providing key consultancy and developmental assistance to Council management for industrial relations and Human Resources management issues across all directorates.
As the Employee Relations Advisor you will:
• Provide comprehensive advice and assistance to supervisors and employees in relation to Human Resource issues and enquiries including the interpretation of awards, industrial agreements, legislation and Council Human Resource policies and procedures.
• Provide advice, guidance, coaching and support to managers on employment relationship matters
• Assist the Employee Relations Manager and Senior Employee Relations Advisor to evaluate and provide advice on position reclassification requests within Council.
• Coordinate the administration of Employee Development Plans and assist the Employee Relations Manager and Senior Employee Relations Advisor with Performance Management programs as required and provide advice to supervisors and employees.
• Assist the Employee Relations Manager and Senior Employee Relations Advisor with Industrial Agreement processes, follow up on committee actions and program and organise enterprise bargaining awareness training.
• Adhere to Council's performance development and appraisal process, including coaching, training, mentoring and monitoring of employees' performance and conducting regular reviews.
• Assist employees to achieve the required standard of conduct and ensure employee awareness of the possible consequences of failing to do so.
In the Senior role, which the above reports into, you will also have the following additional responsibilities:
• Assist the Employee Relations Manager in developing strategic and operational plans.
• Manage highly sensitive and confidential issues and information in a professional and ethical manner.
• Prepare and present reports to the Executive Manager Organisational Development & Culture and the Executive.
• Conduct position analyses and job evaluations and make recommendations associated with organisational reviews and workforce planning.
• Provide input to remuneration and staff retention strategies.
• Through the Employee Relations officers, provide a responsive, high quality, specialist advice service to managers on all aspects of the human resources function including policy development; performance management; and organisational change.
• Analyse unit processes, make recommendations for improvements.
• Provide advice, assistance and coaching to individual managers and supervisors on human resource management and the implementation of change.
• Support change management, departmental restructuring and review programs within specified groups.
• Counsel employees and undertake investigations into staff grievances, performance and disciplinary matters, including the formulation and implementation of recommendations to address identified issues.
• Guide facilitative sessions to address conflict issues between staff.
• Coach and advise management to conduct employee disciplinary processes in line with Council policies.
We have cooked up some rather tasty roles here, so we are expecting a fierce battle to exhaustion and serious right calf cramping from some of Australia's finest ER/HR minds. We will settle for nothing less and are more than happy to provide a selection of battle armour, weaponry and tactical insight to spice things up in the arena. May the best ER/HR legend win (now I'm not sure I've heard that said too many times before!!). In reality we may, however, have to forgo the hand to hand combat as it's somewhat frowned up on in modern recruitment (I know, I know... this is an ER role after all!!). Instead, can you please review the rather more straightforward selection criteria below and ensure that you align very closely to the designated skills and experience:
1. Completion of tertiary qualifications in Human Resource Management, or a related discipline.
2. Demonstrated experience managing human resource functions and sound knowledge of contemporary human resource and organisational development issues
3. Sound knowledge of contemporary Human Resource management issues at both the broad and specific levels particularly relating to enterprise bargaining, industrial relations, employee relations, equal employment opportunity and workplace health and safety.
4. Ability to interpret industrial awards and agreements, legislation, policies and procedures sufficient to provide clear and accurate advice to Supervisors and employees.
5. High level of computer literacy and keyboard skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook), DOCS, Community, etc.
6. Ability to assist in the development and implementation of effective policies, procedures, guidelines and reports.
7. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of employment related legislation including areas of industrial relations, EEO and Work Health & Safety
If you're keen to snag one of these fantastic roles, please get in touch ASAP as these are an immediate start. Owen will be more than happy to chat on 0414 706 605 or Owen@oraus.com.au.