E-Commerce Business Consultant
Do you have a long and successful career as a business leader? Seeking a proven business developer with experience in start up food companies and e-commerce platforms
• Part time Contract role
• Brisbane based
• Help set up a new side to the business!
Osborne Richardson has been tasked to find an experienced ex-CEO or senior executive manager who is seeking a couple of days work a week or as required. Our client is investing in a new business model that will take their existing business platform into the digital world. Our client has various vendors who produce artisan products for retail customers around South East Queensland . The company has centralized marketing and administration teams ready to go along with an established customer base to start from. This section of the business is apart of a larger group of locally based companies with a long and successful history in South East Queensland.
Your role will be to provide advice to the company on:
• How to set up an online trading platform
• Securing vendor and transport contracts
• Advice on insurances needed
• Supply chain / distribution systems and process implementation
• Sourcing a central distribution site where customer orders can be distributed from
• Training vendors on systems, food safety and obligations under their contracts
In order to give yourself the best chance to secure this flexible yet critical role, your application must show evidence of:
• Strategic leadership experience as a CEO, MD or senior leader within a food business
• Exposure to e-commerce specifically knowledge of various online retail platforms (e.g. Shopify)
• Experience with startup food businesses is highly desirable
• Strong knowledge of food supply chain, food safety / Quality assurance, warehousing and distribution
• Strong knowledge of business liabilities / threats and vulnerabilities
• Strong business acumen
• Outstanding communication skills
You will be working on average a couple of days per week remunerated at a senior consultant rate (to be negotiated). You will be required to work in the head office based in the Brisbane area initially and as the project progresses, there are options to work from home / remotely. This company have a number of projects in the works therefore on successful completion of this project there are potential opportunities to continue consulting to this company. The initial contract is expected to last 6-12 months.
Interested applicants can apply through the link below or for a confidential discussion, please contact either Stuart Dixon (0405696655 email@example.com) or Nigel Irwin (0410867037 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note you must have rights to work in Australia in order to be considered for this opportunity.
All applications are kept highly confidential.