Osborne Richardson are delighted to be bringing several fantastic roles to the Engineering fraternity in Sydney. On this occasion, we are venturing into inner-Sydney and our trusted partners in Canterbury-Bankstown Council.
We are seeking several Project Managers to join a successful and well-established project delivery team. In your new 12 month role, you will manage the delivery of a wide range of civil, Open Space and Building infrastructure projects across the Council area. In doing so, your role will include a wide range of vibrant and challenging duties such as:
• Project Managing the initiation, design and implementation of a wide range of projects, including those projects in forward planning, to a high standard.
• Reviewing draft design documentation to assess constructability and/or possible omissions.
• Developing technical requirements for request for quotations or tenders (RFQ or RFT) on reviewing of specifications and drawings for inclusion with documentation.
• Acting as Superintendent’s Rep on assigned projects.
• Provision of technical advice on assigned projects including managing and acting as chairperson of Project control groups (PCGs), providing status reporting and contract management including budget and time management
• Co-ordinating and liaising with all parties involved in assigned projects including designers, suppliers, utilities, contractors, consultants and internal project partners to achieve the functional, quality, time and cost objectives of assigned projects.
• Managing the delivery of assigned projects from design completion stage to construction completion and handover to Asset partner/s.
• Making informed decisions regarding engagement and management of contractors of building, civil and environmental engineering practices and procedures on a daily basis.
• Making informed decisions on tender and contract issues that will deliver quality projects with value for money outcomes.
We are the best recruiters in the business in knowing what our clients really want in their employees and we love bringing you on that journey with us. Please review the following key selection criteria to ensure we can assist you to our fullest ability:
1. Degree level qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent Project Management.
2. Extensive?experience in the planning, scheduling and delivery of multi facet projects including but not limited to; infrastructure, public domain, building and landscape assets. with high public/political visibility.
3. Proven ability to resolve project and contract management related issues.
4. Experience in Civil (Roads, Stormwater, DDA), Landscape, Building and Public Domain related works will be very well thought of.
5. Excellent knowledge of legislation, regulations, design standards and codes of practice related to the construction, safety and management of infrastructure, public domain, building and landscape assets.
6. Highly developed written communication skills including the ability to develop and/or oversee the preparation of tender and contract documentation, complex briefings, technical reports and resident consultation/notification.
7. Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to negotiate project delivery outcomes with internal and external stakeholders
8. Class C Drivers Licence
As always, we are open 24/7 to assist you to success in your application for this role. Please feel free to contact Owen Millar on 0414 706 605 or email Owen@osbornerichardson.com.au.
Always happy to chat.